Saturday, April 17, 2010

The little guy is talking a lot more...

I will try to upload some video of his new words. He is hilarious. I have had a great weekend so far.

I am so incredibly behind at work, and know I should spend hours tomorrow on my laptop going through the 156 (last time I was brave enough to log on) NEW candidates who have applied to my positions.

It's really true what they say about "A recruiter looks at your resume for about 20 seconds before moving on to the next candidate." My best advice (as if someone asked)... if there's something on your resume that makes you think,"I will explain it in the interview...", you should explain it on the resume. In this job market, with far more applicants than openings, if something needs explanation, I just move on.

Anyway. I really feel for job-seekers on the other line of this impersonal electronic process.

So what was I writing about? Oh yes, Davis using his words. And my great weekend. I am just trying to let everyone know that I am doing better. Another recruiter, Mindy, sat with me and went through a bajillion catalogs for giveaways. We are going to print "JoinMEthodist.com" on mini handi-wipes (3"x 1.5"), magnetic heavy-duty chip clips, blue ballpoint dart pens, lip balm, sticky notes, reusable grocery bags, and sunglasses holders. It felt really good to get that out of the way since it was on my long project list. Not surprising I chose the most fun one to mark off my list first.

Emily and I had a playdate today and I accidentally left my cell phone at home. I also left my laptop cord at home. It was so great to have uninterrupted time with my dear friend and the boys enjoyed seeing each other after WAY too long. We even put the kids down (all three) for naps and watched "Baby Mama" while enjoying some Chipotle takeout. Yum. When the kids woke up, we went to Kohl's and Target where I found a new Welcome Mat to go with the new flowers we planted.

Tomorrow is Part Two of our "Great Marriages" series at church. The first one was about how to be a Great Man. This one is about how to be a Great Woman. I am actually kinda nervous. In my current state of emotional overload, I am not so sure I need to hear about anything else I need to work on. But, I'm going.

...as any Great Woman would.

*ha*


post signature

3 comments:

Julie said...

Oh yay! I can't wait to get my reusable shopping bag, pen, sunglass holder, mini wipes, sticky notes, and all that other stuff :-)
All good choices by the way. Glad you've had a great weekend and looking forward to seeing some video of the little guy- he's just so darn cute!

Cassie said...

I'm not sure that this will help you feel any better but best I can tell, everyone feels this backed up at work. :-)

Anonymous said...

And Pastor Jeff gave you a reprieve at church and didn't just speak to the women, but to both of us! Whew!!

Melody