Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hear ye, hear ye...

Davis' tube 'installation' went well Monday morning. Jeff took him at 5:30am to arrive at 6:00 am for the 7 o'clock surgery. Yes, he drew the short straw. Well, he had to go because they require a photo ID at check-in and I lost mine over a month ago. Which reminds me, I need to google how to get another one. Anyway... I took Jack to Devin's house around 6:20 and met Jeff at the Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Center at 6:50am... and they had already taken him back for sedation. I was sorry I missed him, but poor Jeff had rolled around a hungry baby whining for cereal for over an hour, so he wasn't exactly going to ask them to wait for me.

About 20 minutes later, Dr. Hatch came around the corner and said they were done. He rambled instructions about drops or something... blah... blah... blah... I couldn't concentrate on what he was saying because I could already hear Davis screaming from the other room. When we got to him he was losing his mind. Just like they warned... he was crazy mad coming out of the anesthesia. He was screaming, kicking, throwing his woobie, juice cup, socks... then he started biting me... then biting himself... yanking at his ankle bracelet, scratching, hitting... We waited it out, but Jeff got bitten too. It was scary and upsetting, but we knew it was the medicine and sure enough, in about 20 minutes he was back to his normal self.

He was groggy the rest of the day and took two 3-hour naps and still went to bed on time last night. We are thankful that Nana was able (and willing) to stay home with him today so I could return to work worry-free. So we go back in three weeks and have to put drops in his ears three times a day for seven days.

We are hoping this will be the end of the chronic ear infections and this winter will be kinder to our little blonde rascal. Time will tell.


post signature

1 comment:

Danielle @ Transforming Home said...

Hey! Just answering your questions. I have a post from October 2009 (you can look through the archives on the side bar) where I talk about recycling. I bought 2 garbage/recycling units and installed them in my kitchen cabinets. All the pots and pans that were in that cabinet are now on a pot rack.
I carry a Franklin Covey organizer and have all my dates in there. I love it!
Hope you are having a great day and your little one is feeling well..

Danielle